Facts About Islam: Islam is a monotheistic religion, which is founded on the teachings of the Quran. The last divine book the Quran brought by Allah. From the last Rasool and prophet, Muhammad.
The word Islam means: ‘Surrender to Allah’. Thus, a Muslim is one who has dedicated himself to Allah. That is, Islam started following the rules of religion.
The basic principle of the religion of Islam is to consider Allah as the Almighty, the only God and foster of the world, and Hazrat Muhammad as their messenger or prophet.
Here on feedbazar and there still so much more that can be said about Islam. I’m sharing just ten surprising and interesting facts about Islam so let’s go.
Top 10 Unknown Facts About Islam
11. It’s important to know that Islam is the name of the religion. And a person who practices Islam is known as a Muslim. The adjective Islamic usually refers to objects and places and things, not people. Though so you wouldn’t say the Islamic people you would say the Muslim people. And the term Muhammed is used to describing the faith.
10. You’ll often find that Muslims do not describe Islam as a religion. Islam is often referred to as a DEIN which comes from the Arabic word. For a way of life, Muslims believe that Islam is more than just religious beliefs. But it’s a way of living in accordance with one’s religious faith. The argument, however, arises given the use of the term religions or others the word religion.
09. All if not most of you have heard the term jihad and in the Western world. The word has been misused to mean holy war. Now the word jihad does not mean holy war it actually means to struggle or to strive in a religious context. It means a struggle to successfully surrender to the will of God.
Now the term holy war gives a notion that the struggle is between Muslims and non-muslims which is totally the wrong context of jihad. These are interesting Islam facts for kids.
08. There are also six articles of faith in Islam known as Archos Aleman. And these are basic beliefs that one must have in order to be considered a true Muslim. There’s a belief in one God the belief in all the true prophets of God. Believes in the original scriptures revealed to Moses David as well as the Prophet Muhammad. There’s a belief in angels belief in the Day of Judgment.
07. In relation to Christianity, you may have heard that Christianity and Islam are basically the same religion right. Well in the Christian belief they believe that Jesus died for the sins of humanity. And that’s completely foreign in the exotic concept.
So the two religions are not in agreement based on the central teaching their Islam teaches that one day the day of judgment will happen and every person will be resurrected and will be accountable to God.
For every word or deed that they’ve done so a practising Muslim is always striving to be righteous while hoping and praying for God’s acceptance. Whereas in Christianity Jesus dies as a substitute for the sins of everyone has lived in the past present and future.
And because of that people have the opportunity to even be considered righteous by God in the day of judgment so two completely different fundamental central beliefs.
06. Muslims also follow the lunar calendar or the Hijri calendar the lunar calendar has about eleven days less than the solar calendar. Thus every year the months of the lunar calendar occurs eleven days prior to the previous solar year.
Islam Facts For Kids
05. There are two major holidays in Islam there’s Eid al-Adha and that is at the end of the pilgrimage to Mecca. And Eid al-Fitr is at the end of Ramadan and by the way, Ramadan is a ninth month of the lunar calendar when it’s believed that the Prophet Mohammed received the messages of Islam holy book the Quran.
04. Another interesting fact about Islam is that Muslims had created a House of Wisdom baked. Google hikmah in Arabic and it was active during the 9th to the 13th centuries were both Muslims and non-Muslim scholars sought to translate the worlds knowledge into Arabic. Many classic works that might have otherwise been lost were preserved in Arabic and Persian and later translated into languages like Turkish Hebrew as well as Latin.
03. In Islam Allah has 99 names and each of the names has a meaning and Muslims believe that God has revealed in 99 names or a trip in the Quran. And it’s through these names that one can come to know the creator.
02. If all currents in the world today were destroyed the original Arabic would still remain this is because millions of Muslims called Hafiz. Depending on the context has actually memorized the Quran letter by letter, word for word from the beginning.
All the way to the end, as a matter of fact, all chapters from the Quran recited in each of the five formal prayers performed daily. Those are done to keep it fresh in the mind of Muslims.
01. So although the Arab world is often seen as the historical centre and heartland of Islam. Arabs actually only make up 20% of the world’s Muslim population 30% per cent of them come from the Indian subcontinent.
And the rest of them live in Asia outside the Middle East and the West the country the largest Muslim population is Indonesia. And that’s home to 13% of the entire Muslim population worldwide. Islam is also the largest religion in the entire continent of Africa.
Important Facts Related To Islam
- The founder of the religion of Islam was Hazrat Muhammad.
- Hazrat Muhammad was born in Mecca in 570 AD.
- Hazrat Muhammad attained enlightenment in a cave named Heera near Mecca in 610 AD.
- The Prophet’s journey from Mecca to Medina on 24 September is known as the Muslim era in the world of Islam.
- Hazrat Muhammad was married at the age of 25 to a widow named Khadija.
- Hazrat Muhammad’s daughter’s name is Fatima and son-in-law’s name is Ali Hussain.
- The angel Gabriel communicated the Quran to the Prophet Muhammad in Arabic.
- The Quran is the holy book of Islam.
- Prophet Muhammad preached the teachings of the Quran.
- Hazrat Muhammad died on 8 June 632 AD. He was buried in Medina.
- After the death of Hazrat Muhammad, Islam was divided into two Shia and Sunni sects.
- Sunnis call those who believe in Sunna. Sunna is a description of the statements and actions of Hazrat Muhammad.
- The Shias believe in Ali’s teachings and consider him the successor of Hazrat Muhammad. Ali was the son-in-law of Hazrat Muhammad.
- Ali was assassinated in 661 AD. Ali’s son Hussain was killed in 680 in Karbala. These killings gave Shia a definitive view.
- The successor of Hazrat Muhammad was called Khalifa.
- The post of Caliph in the world of Islam remained till 1924 AD. In 1924 it was abolished by the Turkish ruler Mustafa Kamalpasha.
- Ibn Ishaq first wrote the life character of Hazrat Muhammad.
- Hazrat Muhammad’s birthday is celebrated as Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi.
You May Also Like